Patricia K Greenwell
Highworth, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Stretched canvas or heavy water colour papers provide my grounds. Primed with acrylic based gesso for collage work. I prepare coloured papers of varying weights (from lightest hand-made papers to heavy water colour papers) using acrylic liquid paints or acrylic inks.
Using acrylic based adhesives I stick the prepared papers onto the ground, following this layering the surface is enhanced with heavier weight paint or texture pastes-all acrylic.
My subjects vary from fully abstract through abstracted reality to naturalistic landscape or still life.
- The Williamson Art Gallery & Museum, 2004:
- Cat No 70: "3D Abstract (1) 'Orange & Black'" 51 x 41cms
- Cat No 71: "3D Abstract (2) 'Ochre & Grey'" 51 x 41cms
- Cat No 72: "Abstract (1) 'Divided Space'" 51 x 41cms
- Cat No 73: "Abstract (2) 'High Horizon'" 51 x 41cms
- Cat No 74: "Abstract: 'Can Can'" 65 x 47cms
- The Crypt (former Mariners) Gallery, 2003:
- Cat No 29: "Abstract: Falling Leaf of Autumn" 38.5 x 38.5cms