Espirito Santo, Brazil
My work is completely based on research into pictorial materials over a 22 year period. It accents the geometry, texture and colour of objects using form to demonstrate construction. I use acrylics on canvas and prefer Italian pigments such as Maimeri.
I studied Art and Letters at Federal University of Espirito Santo - UFES. I began my studies in 1960 and 1982, and I finished in 1987. I continued my education here in Victory's city, receiving my master's degree from Federal University.
I began my career working in ceramic art and mixed media. Today I work in acrylic paint. My work is completely based on research into pictorial materials over a 22 year period. It accents the geometry, texture and colour of objects using form to demonstrate construction. I use acrylics on canvas and prefer Italian pigments such as Maimeri.
My work can be found in many private and corporate collections and collectives and individuals shows.
Lucy recently wrote:
‘My work is all based in researches of pictorial materials since 1982. The painting is defined with a plasticity more leading associating the geometrical form with the texture, with the colour.
It’s a constructive work like a mechanism for to demonstrate the painting in construction.
The rectangle and the circle are predominant. The fishes are present too like a fossil. Variations in textures by using collages elements in some works.
Some hard edged, some soft edged provide variety’.
- The Crypt (former Mariners) Gallery, 2012:
- Cat No 15: "Geo. In Piscis" 15x15cms
- Cat No 16: "Piscis I 2012" 15x15cms
- Cat No 17: "Geo V" 40x50cms
- View Two Gallery Liverpool, 2009:
- Cat No 12: "Figure I"
- Cat No 13: "Figure II" 61 x 38
- Cat No 14: "Geometry II"
- Obsidian Art, 2008:
- Cat No 13: "Geometry 1" 40 x 50 cms
- Cat No 14: "Geometry III" 35 x 25 cms
- Cat No 15: "Geometry IV" 1024 x 32 cms
- Cat No 16: "Geometry V" 40 x 40 cms
- The Williamson Art Gallery & Museum, 2004:
- Cat No 21: "Archetypes X" 60 x 45cms
- Cat No 22: "Archetypes XI" 50 x 40cms
- Cat No 23: "Archetypes VII" 60 x 76cms
- Cat No 24: "Archetypes VI" 32 x 23cms
Prizewinner: NAPA President's Award for the painting of his choice
- Cat No 25: "Archetypes XIX" 50 x 65cms
- Cat No 26: "Archetypes VII" 50 x 65cms
- The Crypt (former Mariners) Gallery, 2003:
- Cat No 9: "Archetype I" 58cms x 38cms
- Cat No 10: "Archetype I" 60cms x 40cms
- The Crypt (former Mariners) Gallery, 2002:
- Cat No 9: "Diptych Archetype III"
- Cat No 10: "Archetype II"
- Cat No 11: "Archetype I"